Bar Harbor Seafood – Managing Potential Risks with Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Bar Harbor Seafood is actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as it continues to evolve. We are modifying our plans as this situation changes and as more information becomes available. We’ve implemented precautionary measures based on the best information available, best practices, and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or other government agencies.
Our corporate leadership team is regularly engaging with field leadership across the country to hear firsthand concerns and questions from our associates, customers and other valued partners to help us make the best decisions for all our important stakeholders. We want you to know that we remain committed to supporting our customers and ensuring that Bar Harbor Seafood continues to provide you with the fresh and frozen seafood along with the service that you have come to expect from us.
We are taking multiple precautionary actions to protect our workplaces and our associates. This includes enhancing our cleaning efforts and putting emphasis on disinfecting and sanitizing hard surfaces. To encourage and enable our associates to support these efforts, we have also made items like alcohol-based hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes more accessible. We are continuing to communicate the importance of following CDC recommendations, especially frequent hand washing.
Based on information available today, we have also implemented several restrictions to limit exposure:
- Associates who traveled to a Level 2 or 3 country are asked to work from home for a 14-day period
- Requested associates returning from a cruise self-quarantine and not return to work for 14 days
- Reduced the number of outside visitors and meetings at our facilities and are encouraging the use of teleconferences and online meetings
- Cancelled participation in multiple trade events and other meetings and are continuing to review future events
- Testing and refining remote work processes, where possible, across our businesses
- Working with our supply chain partners to continue to source adequate inventory to serve our customers
Addressing Needs Locally
We are using our strong relationships and understanding of the markets we serve, our suppliers, and our customers, to apply precautionary measures, and implement the requirements in the best way to be effective and minimize impact for our associates and our customers.
We continue to have an adequate source of supply for our customers. Our direct relationship with ranchers on our Braveheart program will help keep that supply available to you. Our plan is to keep you informed and communicate any significant changes as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience as we all navigate this dynamic situation.
Use these sites to gain a better understanding of COVID-19, its impact, and best practices for your operation.
- National Restaurant Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
Monday, August 3rd, 2020
Until Further Notice:
- Only 5 Wholesale Delivery Days
- Order cut off 10 pm
Please contact your Seafood Specialist for more information.
Wednesday, December 30th, 2020
Until Further Notice:
- WE ARE OPEN FOR BUSINESS
- Open for Retail & Lunch To-Go Only
- Mon 10am-3pm
- Tue 10am-3pm
- Wed 10am-3pm
- Thur 10am-3pm
- Fri 10am-3pm
- Sat 10am-3pm
- Sun CLOSED
- Outdoor seating is now open
NOTE: As we open up into a new normal operation, please note the following schedule for our Retail Market. The big change for us is being open again on Wednesdays.
Please contact the Retail Market for daily seafood specials at 407-447-6455